Top Ad

Monday, February 4, 2013

Enchanted Indecision

Several years ago I found myself at a fountain in Spain sipping a pitcher of sangria. My friends and I were wandering and taking photos on our first night there. Suddenly, the fountain came to life full of color and to a recorded medley of Disney music in Spanish. It was truly magical.


With all the lights in fast motion, I started fooling around with my exposure time. From then on I have fallen in love with light line photos. I have taken several series from street lights to Christmas lights and never had anywhere to use them until I discovered Spoonflower.

Spoonflower is an amazing online store where you can buy unique fabrics, wallpapers, and wall decals designed by its users. You can apply your own designs and photographs. Light line photos are abstract and make perfect designs for such fabrics. I choose my favorite design and received a small sample of my print on Cotton Poplin. My hope is to make a strapless dress for one of the many weddings I have to attend this year.

Kaleidoscope - Original

Here is where my indecision comes into play. The original photo above looks very pretty but more muted than I want for a summer sundress. I have altered the colors into two versions on Spoonflower - purple and teal.

purple Kaleidoscope - Aqua

Which would make a prettier dress?

To see all of my light line designs I have published on Spoonflower, click here. Some you can buy for your own projects!

ShareThis