Top Ad

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dapper Disney


I'd like to introduce my newest favorite holiday, Dapper Day. On certain days of the year, you can get discounted tickets to Disneyland or Disney World by dressing dapper. Disney + theme parks + 40s style?! What's not to love?

I dragged Alex to the third annual Dapper Day this past Sunday. We got off to a rocky start -- our reservation was wrong and the battery in our film camera died during the first photo opportunity. However, it's pretty hard to get mad at the happiest place on earth. Here's what I wore:


nautical dress: stop staring // pearl sweater: costa blanca // gloves: vintage // flats: steve madden

Unfortunately, my project schedule didn't allow me time to make my own dress but there is always next time. Alex did wear a shirt sewn by yours truly. My first attempt at buttons and menswear. I also TAUGHT Alex how to sew on my machine and he wore his first project, a Burda style overcoat with raglan sleeves. Doesn't he look dashing?


This was my first outing to Disneyland and definitely a successful one. I have gone to Disney World several times and I enjoyed the similar attractions while noticing the subtle differences that made it new and exciting. The park is a lot smaller and not overwhelming just for a day trip. I managed to get Alex on the dreaded teacups so maybe next time he'll be ready to try a coaster...

ShareThis