2.18.2013

This coffee cake recipe kind of had a life of it's own. I wanted to make more of a monkey/banana bread. I had found these adorable baby bananas at the supermarket which brought back memories. My Nana always had bunches of baby bananas on her counter. I can't for the life of me remember her using them in anything nor did my parents answer my texts excitedly asking them about bananas.

I thought about making more of a banana bread or monkey bread. Another family tradition is this amazing monkey bread crafted in a bundt pan. My earliest kitchen memories are helping during the holidays with the cookies, pies and of course the monkey bread. I would stand on a stool rolling dough balls in a cinnamon sugar mixture and mash them together almost like building blocks.

However, when I decided to add the bananas, the dough had more of a batter consistency. At least now Alex has cake to go with his coffee!





Gluten Free Coffee Cake

Ingredients:

1/2 cup (1 stick) organic butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1¼ cups mashed, very ripe baby bananas
2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon organic milk
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1 teaspoon

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt

Optional Topping:

1/4 cups mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup golden brown sugar
cinnamon


Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350°F.

In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and egg with an electric mixer. Gradually add the bananas, yogurt, and milk, and mix well.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, xanthum gum, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually combine with wet ingredients while the mixer is on a steady slow speed. I had a handful of chocolate chips in the fridge to use up that I also threw in.

Pour the batter into a pan (greased if necessary). I just used a glass pie dish.

Mix mini chocolate chips, sugar and cinnamon into a bowl and sprinkle a thick layer on top to create a crunchy coating.

Bake 40 to 50 minutes.

Enjoy!

hello...



I'm Lorelai and this is my blog filled with sewing, gluten free baking, green living and other random musings. Read on ...

The projects and life of a scatter-minded seamstress.

Loading...

detox my life

Powered by Blogger.

affiliates

Halloween Themed Welcome Box



Goodnight Macaroon | Shop the latest street fashion

Shop LuLu*s







eshakti, fall, autumn, plusfashion, colorblock dress, plus size dress, petite fashion, womens clothing, online shopping, plus apparel, bridesmaids dresses, fall2013, affordable clothing, dresses with pockets, custom clothing, customized apparel

Madison Reed Gluten Free Hair Care